Friday, June 8, 2012

Father's Day

My father went to be with the Lord almost 7 years ago. I can’t believe it has been that long. Sometimes I still wonder what he will think of certain things. This week the Mitt Romney campaign came to town, and Governor Romney spoke at my office. It was exciting in so many ways. My dad would have loved to be a part of something like that. When I was younger, I thought he would make a great President. His comment to me was always, “I wouldn’t get elected, because I would tell them the truth.” My dad loved discussing politics, but what he loved more was discussing his faith and the Bible and teaching others how to share their faith.
This Father’s Day I will honor my husband who is a wonderful Father to his son and to my daughter and son also. I will honor my son-in law, father of my two precious grandsons. But this year I also want to make a special effort to remember my Heavenly Father. I want to give Him blessing and honor on the day we celebrate fathers. As I think about how to make this Father’s Day special for not only the earthly fathers in my midst but also for my Heavenly Father, I am looking for suggestions.
What are your ideas for making this Father’s Day a special day for our Heavenly Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment