Friday, June 22, 2012

Frog Crossing

Frog crossing ahead.

That may not be what the sign says, but that’s what it means. My sister told me she saw a sign like this when she lived in Germany. She said they put up little fences so the frogs couldn’t hop over, and people would take the frogs from one side of the road to the other in buckets. At first I thought the nine years she has on me was making her brain a little fuzzy, but it’s actually true. Check out the following link.


While I’ve never seen a frog crossing sign in person, I have noticed an unusual amount of little frogs in my yard this year. One of the few references to frogs in the Bible is in the second plague on Egypt in the Old Testament (Exodus 8:1-13).  Maybe this is a sign from God that I shouldn’t be doing any of the yard work; but then again, these frogs are only in the yard and flowerbeds and are not showing up in my house. My dog’s water bowl, on the other hand, is another story.


What lesson can I learn from a frog? I’m sure with some research, I could learn a lot. For now a frog reminds me of an acronym. The next time you have an unforeseen road to cross in your life, remember the frog --  Fully Rely on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment