Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Things First

I recently completed writing a book titled Prayer Pearls, 5 Essentials to a Richer Prayer Life. I believe that prayer pearls are the foundational piece of jewelry we should place in our spiritual jewelry box. The foundation for anything lays the groundwork for which that item is built. If you have ever built a house, you've seen the preparation of the forms, post tension, and concrete that goes into the foundation so that your house is secure. These are pics of a house I once had built in the foundation stage.


Scripture references the difference between building a house upon a rock versus sand. The rock is secure, the sand is not. In the same way, prayer is the foundation of our spiritual walk and growth. I believe there are five essentials of prayer for a strong foundation. These five essentials provide a deeper, richer prayer experience. Over the next couple of weeks, I will post regarding each area and why I believe these areas are essential. I’ve heard many women comment that many times they don’t know how to pray or what to pray. The five essentials in this book answer those questions and form the acronym of a pearl.
P – Praise
E – Express Thanks
A – Acknowledge God
R – Release
L – Listen
                Prayer Pearls are also based on the unusual concept of giving to God versus receiving from God as applied to prayer. “It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35). Hopefully the next few blog posts will make you want to get a copy of my book for yourself once it’s published. You can be sure I'll let you know when that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment