Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mom Can Fix It. Mom Can Do Anything.

            My children always brought me their needs. If a toy was broken, they brought it to me to fix. If they got hurt, I kissed their boo-boo. They never doubted that mom could make it better.
            When they were toddlers, I started making their Halloween costumes. They were pretty simple at first as Dalmatians made from T-shirts with legs sewn in and painted spots. As my children got older, they just assumed I could make anything. The costumes got more elaborate every year. One year they were Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. One year my daughter was Snow White, and her little brother was one of the seven dwarfs. Another year she was Cinderella, and he was Zorro. One of my favorites was Spiderman. I couldn’t find any red material with web markings, so the black web lines had to be drawn.
            I was both disappointed and relieved when they were finally old enough to stop asking for costumes. The last ones I made were adult size. My daughter was a frog complete with hands, feet, and a full frog head covering. My son was a cow from a popular restaurant with a sign encouraging you to eat chicken. These were by far the most difficult.
            In the same way my children were expectant, asking boldly and with confidence for their toys to be fixed and their costumes to be made, we need to give our needs to God expectantly with boldness and confidence. They requested and at the same time they released control to mom. They presented the need and left it to me.
            God knows our needs and is much better at meeting those needs than we are. We need to trust Him as our Father, just like my children trusted me as mom. While my children’s costumes may have had flaws they didn’t see, God’s provision is perfect. Let go, and let God. His ways are so much higher and better than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9).

No comments:

Post a Comment