Monday, August 27, 2012

Diamonds are Forever

                When you get married, you pledge to love each other forever. A diamond is a symbol of that forever love. It is supposed to be endless, constant, infinite, limitless, immeasurable; but it doesn’t always work out that way. People disappoint. We become disheartened. Our feelings and emotions get in the way and cloud our thinking. People hurt each other.
                God’s love never fails. It never ends. It is truly forever.  According to scripture, “Riches do not last forever” (Proverbs 27:24). Scripture also tells us, “the word of the Lord remains forever” (I Peter 1:25). Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” The things of this earth will pass away, but God’s love, His Word, His Son are the only things that last forever. When the riches of this world are gone, God’s Word will still remain.
                When I look at the diamonds in my wedding ring, I am reminded of the love that my husband and I share. I am also reminded of God’s perfect love. His love for me is greater than the love my husband and I can show each other, and His love is forever.
                Fill your spiritual jewelry box with diamonds from His Word. These precious stones will truly last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment