Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Diamonds - A Girl's Best Friend?

           What makes a good best friend? Is it someone that shares what’s going on in your life or someone that knows your secrets? Is it someone that’s there for you in good times and bad? Does your best friend know everything about you? Do you share the same friends and enemies? There are no secrets among best friends.  A best friend will listen. A best friend forgives.
So what makes diamonds a girl’s best friend? According to the song, diamonds are reliable. They don’t grow cold or lose their shape or lose their charm. When others disappoint, diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
I remember singing a different song as a child that said, “My best friend is Jesus.” If Jesus is my best friend, then wouldn’t we share the same friends and enemies? James 4:4 says “friendship with the world is enmity with God” and “whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.”
If Jesus is my best friend, then He would share what He knows with me, and I would share with Him. In John 15:12-15 Jesus talks about friends. Verse 15 says, “. . . I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.” He has shared with us. Are we sharing with Him?
I love how all He heard from the Father, He made known to us. These words are free and readily available. They are the diamonds of our friendship with Jesus. They are the precious stones in His Word. He is speaking from scripture, but you can’t hear if you’re not there.
Talk to Jesus today, and place the diamonds of a true best friend inside your jewelry box.

2 comments:

  1. Diamonds are considered as the girls’ best friend because it can be every girl’s companion in their entire lifetime. Diamonds can last for centuries without losing its spark and charm. It is not just a stunning accessory that every girl can wear on special occasions; it is also a wise investment and valuable inheritance that they can give to their children and successors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome addition. What better inheritance to give our children than Diamonds and a Godly heritage of being a friend of God.

    ReplyDelete