Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Makeover Time

            I always thought it would be fun to have a full makeover similar to what I’ve seen on television or in magazines. When I turned 50, I decided to treat myself to a makeover with an Image Consultant in Fort Worth, Texas. The makeover included facial skin care, makeup, hairstyle, a color analysis, and a full body analysis. They removed my current makeup, pulled back my hair, analyzed my skin and facial complexion, poked and prodded, and then measured every inch of my body. They pampered me and reapplied my makeup providing a custom blended foundation created just for me.
At the end of the day, I was sent home with new makeup, a new hairstyle, a custom color swatch with my best colors, and an analysis of the best clothing styles for my body type. I had a lot of fun that day, and I still use this information. The professional consultation and time spent actually changed some of my preconceived ideas that I thought would never change. I have come to terms with the fact that while black may be slimming, it really isn’t my best color. I paid to have my outside image remade, but who I was on the inside wasn’t changed.
            So what’s the price for an inside makeover? I like to think of God as my own personal image consultant. He is there every day giving the guidance needed for each decision regarding inner beauty. One of the great things about my own personal image consultant is that He is free. Jesus paid the price. In the beginning, man was made in God’s image. There was a spiritual relationship with God. Sin broke the relationship, but Jesus was God’s gift to restore it. We are born once physically and then born once again spiritually through Christ. Our inner beauty is enhanced as we spend time with our image consultant.
In the book of Acts, Peter and John were arrested for preaching about Jesus. When they were brought before the Sanhedrin, Peter spoke boldly proclaiming salvation through Jesus Christ. Acts 4:13 tells us, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.” Can people tell that you have been with Jesus? If not, could it be that you haven’t been spending time with your image consultant?

No comments:

Post a Comment