Friday, August 10, 2012

Making Headlines


85 years ago today -- or any day . . . something happened. Something happens every day, but not everything makes the headlines. Birthdays are a fun time to look up what headlines were made on the day you were born. For instance today in 1846 the Smithsonian Institution was created. On this day in 1990, the Magellan spacecraft began its orbit of Venus.

Birthdays are on my mind since my family had so many last month.  My husband’s birthday is one day after mine. He is a year older than me, which makes us the same age for one day each year. This year the night before my birthday I asked him what it felt like to be old since he was already there. He didn’t appreciate that too much.

As we get older, birthdays can be a time of reflection on how we have spent our years so far and also a time of planning for what we hope to accomplish in the future.

What do you hope to accomplish in your lifetime, and what kind of impact are you making on your world? How many years have already passed – 25, 35, 45, 65, 85?  Maybe the best question to ask is: What impact did you make on others TODAY? Live today to its fullest. Impact the future instead of focusing on the past. I welcome your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment