Saturday, October 20, 2012

Good Works With a Passion

                If it became illegal to be a Christian and interviews were conducted with those you see every day, would there be enough evidence to convict you? The interview questions would not ask what you say. They would ask how you live. Are you doing anything that would cause others to know you believe?
                I’m in the middle of Beth Moore’s Bible Study on James. James emphasizes a faith that produces works. Reading in Titus, Paul expresses the same thing as James. Titus 1:16 states that “they profess to know God, but in works they deny Him”. Titus 3:5 tells how we were saved by His mercy and not our works of righteousness; but then in verse 8, Paul states that “those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works”. Our works are an acknowledgement and fruit of our belief.
                What is your passion? Where can you serve? I have friends that love to work with children. I love my children, and now I love my grandchildren; but I can’t say that I love working with other people’s children. I have friends that love working with the elderly. I love my mom, but I am not comfortable in ministry with the elderly. That doesn’t mean I don’t have anything to do with children or the elderly, but it does help me narrow down my passion and where God wants me to serve. My heart is with women in general. I also love to organize and entertain. I love to study, learn, and write.
                What about you? Where is your passion, and how can you work within that passion in service to God and in good works reflecting your salvation?

No comments:

Post a Comment