Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Whole Heart

       Last month I was studying Psalm 119 and noticed the reference to our Whole Heart several times. This month in reading through other Psalms, I see the same reference. In studying the words whole heart, it communicates the complete center of my being.
       I reviewed different places in scripture referencing my whole heart or all my heart to see what I am to be doing with my whole heart or from the complete center of my being. Here is what I came up with.
From the complete center of my being, I should:
Praise God
Seek God
Keep God’s Word
Cry out to God
Trust God
Love God
Serve God
Fear (stand in awe of) God
Walk in truth
Turn to God
Rejoice in God
Believe God
       There are others, but these stood out. I am not just to praise God, but I am to praise Him with my whole heart, with everything I am, with nothing left back. It is the same with each one. I am to seek Him with everything I am, keep His word, cry out to Him, trust Him, love Him, serve Him, fear Him, walk in His truth, turn to Him, rejoice in Him, and believe Him with my whole heart and nothing left back. 
       Wow! What would my life look like if this is how I lived each day holding nothing back from God? Scripture also has promises that go along with this type of lifestyle. God promises His blessings, His mercy, His rest, His direction, and that as we seek Him we will find Him. My challenge is to live for God in each of these areas with my whole heart, from the complete center of my being.

“Thus Hezekiah did throughout all Judah, and he did what was good and right and faithful before the Lord his God. A
nd every work that he undertook in the service of the house of God and in accordance with the law and the commandments, seeking his God, he did with all his heart, and prospered” (II Chronicles 31:20-21).

No comments:

Post a Comment