Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Remember When

                I face some consequential decisions right now. Okay, all decisions have consequences, but I am currently needing to make more than a day to day decision. A few weeks ago my pastor said that if you want specific answers from God, you need to ask specific questions. With that in mind, I have taken my need for direction to God.
                This morning while reading in Psalm 77, I was reminded to remember the works of the Lord. He is the God who does wonders. As I reflect on this, it encourages me to see His answers to prayer in the past.
                In I Samuel 17 David stepped up to fight Goliath, the giant. When Saul questioned his youth, David told Saul how God had delivered him in the past from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear; therefore, he trusted God to deliver him from Goliath. He was able to look back on how God had provided before in order to step out and trust God’s deliverance again.
                Do you remember what God has done for you? While I don’t journal in the same way others might, I have started keeping a journal with my daily Bible study and how God speaks to me and answers my prayers. This way I can look back and remember the works of God in my life and have confidence in his continuing answers to prayer.
                When faced with life’s day to day decisions, I remember his day to day answers. When faced with life’s larger decisions, I remember his larger provisions and direction and have confidence in His answers to my prayers and direction for my path.
                Are you facing decisions? Take them to God, and have confidence in His answer by remembering what He has done before. Remember when.

No comments:

Post a Comment