Thursday, October 11, 2012

Silently Wait

                Have you ever heard someone recite a list of everything wrong in their life and then say, “but I’m trusting God to take care of me”? Are they really? Psalm 62 spoke to me recently. I am to silently wait with quiet trust in God because from Him comes my deliverance in every situation. My hope, what I long for, comes from God alone.
                If I am trusting in God, I am talking to Him about my needs. Why do I need to share with everyone else? There are times we may be compelled to share with someone that can pray with us. That is great, as we are called to pray for one another. Otherwise, complaining and possibly hoping others will meet our needs is not trusting God.
                How do you think others see you? Do they see you trusting God and hear about how He has met your needs, or do they only hear you talking about God and still complaining about your problems.  Sometimes we just want to complain when we should be trusting God, silently waiting for Him.
                I want to share with others how God has met my needs and let them know I am trusting Him for everything. I want to stop complaining. And so, I will silently wait and share what He is teaching me along the way. God meets my needs. He is my deliverer.

“Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him” (Psalm 62:1,5 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment