Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Most Wondeful Time of the Year

Every year at work we have a contest either by department or individually for best Christmas decorating. This year the contest is individual, and the theme is Christmas words or phrases. I chose the phrase which is the name of a song, It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. These are pictures of my office partly decorated. I will finish it next week. 
Christmas is my favorite holiday, and this is my favorite time of year. I love the decorations and cool weather, although Texas doesn’t always cooperate in the weather department. Everything Christmas encompasses is a celebration, and to me, all of this is for Jesus. It’s the biggest party of the year – every year.
If you were to throw the biggest party you could imagine for someone you loved, what would you include? What about decorations, lots of food, lots of gifts, lots of people, joyful music, a cake, a tree, candles, bells, ribbons, bows, tinsel, and lights? If someone threw this type of party for you, how honored would you feel? I believe Jesus smiles when we celebrate His birth as long as all of the partying is for His glory and we remember why this is the most wonderful time of the year.
My prayer for you this time of year is that you would know Christ and experience the wonder of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment