Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beginnings

               I love beginnings. I love setting goals and making the plans needed to meet those goals; whether it is dieting, meal planning, house cleaning, budgeting, work projects, writing, or taking a vacation. So with the beginning of a new year comes the time for making resolutions. A great resource and a book I highly recommend is The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer. She gives 13 great resolutions that I will definitely review in my reading this year.
                What is a resolution? It’s the resolve or determination to do something. Daniel 1:8 in the ESV says, “But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king’s food, or with the wine that he drank.” In the NKJV it says, “Daniel purposed in his heart.” I believe a true resolution is something serious enough to purpose in your heart.
                I will begin this year setting goals in several areas of my life; but if I had to make only one resolution, I decided it would be to glorify God in all I do. As I reviewed this decision, I wasn’t sure I really knew exactly what that meant. So in light of new beginnings, I am going to begin studying what it means to glorify God in everything I do.
                Have you made a resolution for 2013? Is it something you have purposed in your heart to do? Feel free to share with me and others. Sometimes a little accountability goes a long way.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment