Friday, February 1, 2013

Pizza for Dinner

                Every Friday night we order pizza. We get the same kind from the same place every week. There are so many types of pizza we could order from so many different places, but we have our favorite and order the sure thing.
                I have a pair of diamond earring studs that I love. I wear them almost every day because they go with any outfit. I have to remind myself that I have other earrings I could wear that match different outfits.
                How many of us wear the same things over and over? I have a closet full of clothes, but probably only half get worn regularly. These are the clothes that I am comfortable in.
                Everyone has their own comfort zones. In fact I bet you even have your own comfort zone when it comes to reading the Bible. We have our favorite verses and like to read what we already understand and what makes us feel comfortable.
                Today I wore a different pair of earrings, and tonight we almost tried a different pizza. At least I researched the options before ordering our comfortable regular. I’m considering going through my closet this weekend to see what treasures might be hiding that I have forgotten about.
                Why not join me and make a change? Try reading a book of the Bible that you are the least familiar with – like Nahum. Any idea what it’s about? Let me know if you read it and what you discover. Step out of your comfort zone and see what new jewels you can find for your spiritual jewelry box.

No comments:

Post a Comment