Monday, April 8, 2013

Cat Blessings


The other night while reading, I glanced over at two of our cats snoozing at the foot of the bed. I thought, they don’t realize how blessed they are. They could be living in an alley and sleeping outside in the rain and cold. Instead they are living in the lap of luxury on a blanket at the foot of my bed with a bowl full of food and a bowl full of water in the next room.  They have a cat box that is cleaned for them every week. They have toys that they play with, friends to play with, and they get all the attention they want. The life of a cat in our home is pretty good.
Then it hit me. I don’t realize how blessed I am. I have a home to live in that is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I have food on the table, reliable transportation, cash in my purse, my own personal computer, more than one TV in the house, a comfortable bed, and a great job at a great company. I am blessed with a husband who loves me, awesome kids, and unbelievable grandkids. I have three lazy cats that love me in their own way. And here I am relaxing and reading a book.
I am so very blessed. More than anything, I have God’s Word. Through His Word He gives me strength, comfort, peace, satisfaction, and direction for every step I take. He used my purring felines to show me how blessed I am. He gives me wealth untold through the treasures in His Word. I’m so blessed to be able to freely dig into His Word for new gemstones every day. If I lost it all, I would be blessed to have the treasures of His Word that I have hidden in my heart. Are you blessed? 
“I rejoice at Your word As one who finds great treasure” (Psalm 119:162).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment