Friday, April 26, 2013

TGIF


I found myself at the coffee pot this morning discussing with coworkers how glad we were it was Friday and the week was almost over. Then God spoke to me.  Another week has flown by, which means another week of my life has passed that I can never get back.
What did I accomplish this week? Other than the tasks and projects I marked off my list at work, what did I accomplish of lasting value?
This made enough of an impression on me to slow down and realize that I don’t want the days of the week to pass quickly. I want to savor each day and each moment. I want to remember to look for God in my surroundings and His blessings in the details.
What am I learning, and what can I share? I want to make the most of each moment. I want my days, my hours, my minutes and even seconds to glorify God. Do I have that all figured out yet? No. But that is my desire.
I Thank God It’s Friday because He has given me another day to live for Him, not because the week is over. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment