Thursday, May 23, 2013

Name Dropping

                This is a picture of me and my non-fiction practicum teacher at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference this week.  Dr. Joseph Bentz is a professor of English at Azusa Pacific University and has written several books. I was blessed to be in his class.
                As this conference came to an end, I was thrilled to have also met with Eddie Jones from Christian Devotions Ministries/Lighthouse of the Carolinas Publishing, Blythe Daniel from The Blythe Daniel Literary Agency, Kim Moore from Harvest House Publishers, Vonda Skelton from Christian Communicators Conferences, and Todd Starnes from Fox News and Commentary.
                While I’m name dropping, let me say that the most thrilling encounter I had was the time spent meeting with God. His name is the name above all names and the most important name I met with this week. This conference was filled with His presence throughout our time in worship and fellowship together.
                While I may or may not again meet the great writers, agents, and publishers that I met with this week, I can continue to meet God daily.
“O God, You are my God; Early I will seek You; My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water” (Psalm 63:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment