Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Routines

What’s your morning routine? Here is mine for weekdays.
First alarm goes off. Turn it off. Second alarm goes off. Hit snooze.
Husband says goodbye and leaves for work.
Second alarm goes off again. Hit snooze.
Second alarm goes off again. Turn it off, and get up.
Weigh, Shower, Brush Teeth, and put on moisturizer.
Time with God: Read Bible, Journal, Pray.
Towel dry and comb out hair, Put in contacts, Put on makeup, Dry hair.
Finish makeup, Flat iron hair, Get dressed for work, Deodorant and Perfume, Jewelry.
Pack snacks or lunch for work. Daily Facebook posting. Put on shoes, Leave for work.
Adjustments I need to make: Less alarm snoozes, add exercise, more time with God!
                Routines are predictable. Sometimes it’s good to be predictable, but sometimes we need to shake things up so we don’t become stagnant or too predictable. The habits I have developed for getting ready in the morning are good habits because I do things in the most efficient manner in order to maximize my time. But I don’t want my time with God to become efficient. I want it to be effective. I want it to be life changing.
                What do you need to add or remove from your morning routine? What ideas do you have for making time with God effective and life changing rather than efficient and routine?
“And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed” (Mark 1:35 ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment