Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do You Measure Up?


 
                What has God saved you from? What if you were saved before you needed saving? Don’t get me wrong, we are all sinners and need a Savior. But do you ever feel like once you are a Christian, you can’t let anyone know you might still make mistakes? Especially, big ones? 
                I got “saved” at age 6. I asked Christ into my life to be my Lord and Savior. So how is it that once I grew up, I made some bad choices? How is it that there were times I did things my way? Why haven’t I always listened to God’s voice? Even though I was saved, there have been times I needed saving.
                If you are a Christian and have made mistakes, you are not alone. We all have problems in our lives and have all made poor decisions. I used to look at other people’s lives and think I was the only one. But I’m not, and you aren’t either. We don’t need to compare ourselves to others. We don’t have to measure up, because none of us would.
                The only measure that counts is that of God’s, and Jesus Christ paid the price for each of us to measure up through His perfect life by paying the price for our poor choices, our sins. Even after we have been saved, we can’t measure up on our own. We have to rely on Him. 
                I John 1:9 is written to Christians. It tells us to confess our sins, and He will forgive us. Each day is a new day. You can begin again. Where are you in your walk with Christ? It’s never too late to get back on the path of righteousness. Take His hand and step out in faith. Measure up by walking with Him.
                Let me know how I can pray for you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment