Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Moment of Silence

                Perhaps instead of a moment of silence, we should have a day of prayer. Start your prayer during that moment of silence that others around you might be observing and then continue throughout your day in a conversation with God on behalf of our country.
                Set aside your normal prayer requests and desires for one day and pray only for our country and how God would have healing start with you individually.
It Is Time to Pray, It Has Been Time to Pray, It Will Continue to Be Time to Pray
From 2 Chronicles 7:14, 19, 22
“if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
“But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship them, then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them.”
“Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers . . . and embraced other gods, and worshiped them and served them; therefore He has brought all this calamity on them.”
                Take time to read the entire chapter of 2 Chronicles. God is speaking to His people in the Old Testament. God is also speaking to His people today. He isn’t speaking to those that don’t know Him and those that openly reject Him. He is speaking to those who claim to be His people.
                What is He saying? Humble yourself, pray, seek His face, and turn from any wicked ways. I could preach, but I won’t.
It Is Time to Pray, It Has Been Time to Pray, It Will Continue to Be Time to Pray

No comments:

Post a Comment