Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas #6 - The Reaction


Luke 2:19-20  But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.  
            Two different reactions. Mary pondered everything that had happened in her heart. I remember people telling me to cherish each moment when my children were young because the time would pass quickly. I still remember rocking my baby daughter one night just cherishing the moment that would all too soon be gone. I wonder how Mary felt holding baby Jesus and cherishing the time she had with Him while knowing He had come into the world as a Savior for all.
Mary pondered in her heart. The shepherds glorified and praised God. One was internal and the other external. Both are great responses. We need both quiet time with God pondering His words and His gift to us AND we need the expression of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment