Sunday, June 22, 2014

Spiritual Awakening vs The End Times

My pastor spoke this morning about how we need a spiritual awakening in America. I agree 100%. You probably agree too, in theory. It sounds good. 

Great awakenings in the past brought renewed faith, new believers, and a sweeping return to the principles of God’s Word. But is it just a dream?

Today I hear more teaching on the end times than I do on spiritual awakening. I believe a desire for spiritual awakening has been written off because we are conditioned to believe we live in the last days. 

And everyone knows things will continue to get worse in the last days. Why fight it? It’s prophecy. It’s here. There’s nothing we can do about it.

Really?

We have been living in the last days since Christ rose again and the church as we know it was born. Christ could return today, but He could also return 100 years from now. We should live as if He is coming today but at the same time live as if He isn’t. The best way to live is to be prepared for either.

My prayer is for another great spiritual awakening in America. I believe it is possible, because God says with Him, “All things are possible.” As one of my favorite songs says, “I refuse to let someone else do what God has called me to do myself.”

I want to be part of a great spiritual awakening. I don’t know what my part will be, but I am seeking God’s will for my part whether seemingly small or great. I am seeking it day by day as I step out into my city, my county, my state, and my country.

When that great spiritual awakening comes to America, will you be able to say you were part of it? I pray we both will.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment