Sunday, August 10, 2014

Diamonds of Forgiveness

I have a wonderful, blessed life. I have so much to be thankful for. Yet, there have been times that I have been hurt. I’ve experienced different kinds of abuse. I have felt unloved, forgotten, and alone. I had a choice to make. I could choose to forgive or I could become bitter. 

I’ve read that I should forgive others so God will forgive me.
I’ve read that I should forgive others because God forgave me.
But the greatest reason for forgiveness isn’t about me.

Yes, God loves me.
Yes, God forgives me.
But it’s not about me. 

When someone has hurt me or sinned against me, then they have also hurt or sinned against God. He offers forgiveness to everyone, not just to me. So if God can forgive someone who has hurt me, and He was willing to pay the ultimate price so they could be forgiven through Jesus’ death, then who am I not to forgive? Am I better than God? Jesus already paid the price for their sin. 

Place the diamond of forgiveness in your spiritual jewelry box and wear it when you need to forgive.


No comments:

Post a Comment