Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Change Your Password--Again?

February 1 was Change your Password Day. Remember to change your passwords. But how can you remember to change your password, and what will you change it to?

Every website has a different requirement for its password. Each requires a different number and type of characters. Be sure the password is 8 characters long and includes at least one capital letter, one number, and two symbols. The next website requires a different number and type. So now I have twelve passwords that I regularly use, and I need to change them every three months on one website and every six weeks on another. I must also remember not to use the same password twice.

If I attempt to change any certain password before it is time, my identity is questioned. Then I have to answer those predetermined security questions. What is the name of your favorite pet? Well, I have four cats. Depending on the day will determine which one is my favorite, so I have three chances to get it wrong. But if I use the wrong one three times, I am locked out and have to have my password reset, which is what I am already trying to do. Now I am locked out and have to contact customer service, but I can’t find the phone number for customer service--so I can’t call.

The latest reminder I received was from a grocery store. They suggested I change my password for my store discount card. Really? What will happen if someone starts using my grocery store card number? They will get store discounts, and I will accrue more gas points. Hmmm, maybe I should pass the number around.

There is good news. I am thankful there is only one password for access to God and heaven, and I am happy to share it. Are you ready? The password is Jesus Christ. He never expires or changes or has to be reset. He always works. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The customer service number is always the same, just say Jesus.

Next time you have to change a password, I hope you will remember the greatest password of all time—Jesus Christ: the one and only way, the truth, and the life. 

“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment