Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Writer's Block or Communication Block?


What do you say when you don’t know what to say? For me, I could call it writer’s block, but it would be more aptly called communication block. Sometimes I struggle with how to share what’s in my heart. Part of it comes from not letting what’s in my heart overflow onto the page. 

I talk a lot about our spiritual jewelry box, and that’s the heart of the matter. We need to fill our hearts with God’s words to us. I need to fill my heart continually. When I fill my heart to overflowing, then, and only then, will it freely spill onto the page.

Simply said. If it’s not overflowing, then it’s not full. I have to fill up in order to pour out. What about you? What’s in your spiritual jewelry box?


2 comments:

  1. What an interesting perspective. Filling our spiritual jewelry box isn't enough, it needs to overflow to shine forth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, Thank you for your insight. We do need to shine forth as light in this world.

    ReplyDelete