Sunday, July 5, 2015

Home Remodel, Life Remodel - Catch the Vision

The past two weekends have been spent remodeling the toilet closet in our master bathroom. My husband has done most all the work. I have spent more time on Pinterest than normal. So much fun! Almost done!

I now have great plans for redoing the upstairs. It’s fun to plan, make lists, set a timeline, etc. Whenever my husband goes out of town for more than a night, I redo something at home. I have rearranged furniture, painted, wallpapered, hung new pictures, and made new drapery. The longer he is gone, the more extensive the project. Good thing he doesn’t travel much.

With my home projects, I have a vision of the end in mind. I make plans, and I tweak along the way. The project consumes me. I dwell on it, rearrange it, research it. My plans for the upstairs project have started spilling over into the downstairs. Now if my husband will just get on with his trip. 

I started thinking about the vision for my life. Where do I want to be in the future? What do I want to accomplish? I need to see the vision.

I want a vision of the outcome in my life. Then I can back into the steps I need to take to get there. The steps need to have a purpose and not just be a checklist to cross off.  I need to accomplish A to get to B to get to C to eventually get to where I want to be. Purpose, fulfillment, calling. What’s the timeline?

I have set goals at the beginning of the year like read 25 books a year. But why? What books? For what purpose?  I want to read through the Bible in a year. But why? To say I did or because it’s the thing to do? I want to spend more time in prayer and reading scripture? But why? When? How long?  What purpose? What’s the vision?

Catch the vision. Dwell on it. Rearrange it. Research it. Set a timeline, start it, and complete it. Then start a new project. Fulfill, repeat. Never stop.

Don’t wait until next January for a new year. Start now--this month, this week, today. Maybe even this hour or the next few minutes.  

What’s your vision? I’d love to know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment