Friday, April 1, 2016

KISS - Keep it Simple Sweetheart

In Luke 18:31-34, Jesus tells His disciples about what would happen to Him. The disciples didn’t understand. Perhaps they thought he was speaking in parables. They couldn’t grasp that what he said was literal. I can just hear them trying to figure out what he really meant. He couldn’t mean what He said. He couldn’t die. That wasn’t the plan they expected. 

“What do you think, John? Could He be referring to someone else?” “Hey, Peter. Do you think maybe He means the current rulers will die, and He will take over in three days?” “Is this another parable? Should we ask Him about this again?” 

Many times we are the same way. Well what does this scripture really mean? It says to love my neighbor. Does that mean the lady next door or who? It says to forgive. So at what point and to what degree? It says don’t worry. Does that mean unless it is this situation or that situation? It couldn’t possibly mean this circumstance, because my worry keeps me sane--or not. 

Keep it simple. Many times, most times, what scripture says is what it means. Don’t try to read something more into it. Love, forgive, don’t worry, produce fruit. 

Okay, I said keep it simple, but I didn’t say it would be easy. Just remember Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” 

2 comments:

  1. Wise words! I find life is more enjoyable when I follow Jesus teachings. Not easy, but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammy. Yes it is. It's what we are commanded to do yet so many times forget to do.

    ReplyDelete