Monday, October 24, 2016

For Such a Time as This

In many ways we, as Christians, have become indistinguishable from the world. We tolerate sin. There is a difference between love and tolerance. My pastor is sharing a series of messages from Esther right now. And I have been convicted and moved. 

We all love the story of Esther and the verse “Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Several verses before this there was great mourning, and the people were fasting, weeping, and wailing. There is another place in the Bible with a similar reference.

Joel 2:12-14
“Now, therefore,” says the Lord, “Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” So rend your heart, and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God. For He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and He relents from doing harm. Who knows if He will turn and retreat, and leave a blessing behind Him?” 

It’s a message to God’s people. It begins with us.
  • Turn to the Lord your God
  • With fasting, weeping, and mourning
  • For such a time as this
  • Who knows if He will relent and leave a blessing

I’m reminded of the words to a song that say, “Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours.” Are our hearts broken?

Such a time as this. Today, not tomorrow. Now!

I am a child of the King. I love you, but I will no longer sit idly and ignore sin. I will stand. 

Will you stand with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment