Thursday, October 20, 2016

I'm Too Tired

Sometimes life is confusing. Two equally intelligent scholars can give two equally intelligent yet opposing views. I’m tired of trying to figure it out. 

Two educated adults can both sound like silly children. Who can I trust? Who is telling the truth? 

Work is challenging, and I have a list of things to do. Then I receive 15 more emails that need answers NOW, but my boss has confidence in me. I wish I did. 

I’m tired. I feel lost. I feel confused, downcast, and almost hopeless. When no one else understands and there is nowhere to turn, what then? 

So you figure here is where I tell you to fill your spiritual jewelry box. You’ve heard that enough, but you don’t feel up to the time it would take to even start. You’re too tired. 

So let me challenge you to find comfort. Make a list. Use the one below. Start slow. Cross off one thing at a time. 

Do the first five things today. Then take 22 days to complete Psalm 119. Do the next five things the next day. In 24 days, email me. 

  • Praise God for who He is. It really doesn’t take much effort.
  • Thank God for something. You can think of something. If you can’t, email me.
  • Acknowledge that you are tired. That was easy.
  • Release your burden to Him. You’re too tired to carry it anyway.
  • Listen. Just listen even if you don’t hear anything at first. Keep listening in the quiet.
  • Open your Bible to Psalm 119. It’s near the middle, so it’s easy to find. For the next 22 days, simply read 8 verses from this chapter.
  • Listen.
  • Release.
  • Acknowledge.
  • Thank God.
  • Praise God.

Exchange your weakness for His strength. I want to hear your story.

“When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2

No comments:

Post a Comment