Friday, October 28, 2016

The Tablet of Your Heart - Day #28


Do you have a tablet? When I started first grade, I had a red Big Chief tablet with wide spaced lines to make it easier to form letters correctly. I used a very thick pencil to write on this tablet. Today I have a tablet with a keyboard. Or I can just swipe my finger across the screen. 

My tablet has more than lines. It has apps. I can place an app on my tablet for anything from maps to music to books to games to restaurant menus. If you can think of it, somebody has probably created or is now working on an app for it. 

In the Old Testament, the 10 commandments were written on a tablet of precious stone that many scholars believe to have been sapphire. God wrote the words with His finger. I guess tablets of stone are to God what electronic tablets are to us today. God used the strength of a precious stone of sapphire to record His words. 

Today God writes on the tablet of our hearts. Placing His words on the tablet of our heart makes us strong like the stone of sapphire. 

“You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all mean; clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart” (2 Corinthians 3:2-3). 

Download God’s apps into your spiritual jewelry box, and let God write on the tablet of your heart. 

“Keep my words, and treasure my commands within you. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart” (Proverbs 7:1,3).

No comments:

Post a Comment