Saturday, December 31, 2016

Word of the Year

Over the last couple of years I have read books and blogs that talk about a word of the year. I’ve never been able to come up with a word of the year, partly because I am too impatient. I want to get past that word and to the next. But this year is different.

For the last couple of months, I’ve felt that I should have a word of the year for 2017. And God gave me the word. I know I need it, but I’m not sure I would have come up with it on my own.

My word for 2017 is . . . Discipline. Being the planner that I am and always ready to move on to the next thing, I have broken it down for the 12 months as follows.

January – Study Discipline overall
February – Pick a D word that has to do with discipline (like diligent).
March – Pick an I word that has to do with discipline.
April – Pick an S word.
May – C
June – I
July – P
August – L
September - I
October – N
November – E
December – Review the word Discipline overall again in light of the other 10 words I studied regarding discipline.

Perhaps the study of this word will help me take on more of this character trait this year. I know I need it.

Discipline

What’s your word for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment